please call us on 0800 246 1252


A distinct advantage of residential mobile homes and lodges compared to traditional builds is that, like touring caravans, planning laws are typically more relaxed around them. 

If you’d like to have a lodge in your garden, unless you live in a conservation area, you might not need full planning permission. Placing the lodge on land without a residential property may require a planning application, but the presence of an existing building such as an outbuilding may make permission easier to achieve.

Our Planning Service

The Landscape Living team can assist you with all aspects of planning.

Applying for a Lawful Development Certificate (LDC) can be tricky and time-consuming, while we obviously can’t guarantee a positive outcome, we can manage the application process for you with our Planning Service.

We will work with you to obtain the information required before completing the application form and submitting it with location plan and covering letter. Once the council has made a decision, we will report to you on the outcome.

Applying Yourself

Alternatively, if you’d prefer to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate (LDC) yourself, we recommend that you contact your local planning authority (LPA) first.

To apply for a Lawful Development Certificate you will require:

  • Cover Letter

  • Application Form

  • Site plan (map)

  • Statutory Declaration

  • Application Fee

Give us a call to speak about our planning service and how we can help 0800 246 1252

Request A call back